Friday, February 4, 2011

Hello out there

I don't know if you have noticed a lack of writing the past few months.....in fact I don't know if anyone even reads my blog, but I use it as a type of journal so it's mostly for me anyway.

I know I've been a little slow on the updates of my life. I am currently finishing up my last semester at Naropa and also my internship. Which takes up a lot of time and at the same time seems less hectic then other semesters. I'm taking some interesting classes this semester including career development (where we explore or personal career aspirations and also how to work with clients who are seeking career changes) and meditation- exploring self compassion and we are reading an excellent book called The mindful path to self-compassion. It's an easy read with great meditation/self reflection exercises.

In true Wilsure fashion everything changes in blink of an eye around here. Taylor's contract for hire job ended and we are left trying to figure out what that means financially and career wise for our family in the future. I'm also starting to think about applying for jobs, since when the semester ends I'll need one fast!! Taylor is thinking about a career change and talk about planets aligning since this is the class I'm taking right now! He is thinking about teaching... so we will see where that leads. One thing we both agree on is that copywriter is just not a steady, career choice and it's time for a change.
If I have learned one thing in the past few years it is the only thing you can count on is the impermanence in life.

2 comments:

Sophia said...

I of course read your blog! I will be sending you good vibes while all these changes are coming up for you guys. Miss you!

Saya said...

I read your blog to see what you dicks are up to. I was at a networking event for the U of U MBA department and ran into somebody who thinks they know you. They have a friend named Joel who goes to Naropa. Small world.