Friday, March 14, 2008

Birthdays in March

Mark and Max
Kira and Kendyl



My family birthdays in March consist of Kira, the 9th (40th!!) and Mark, the 13th (38th). 
This blog is dedicated to both of them and my fond memories with them.

Kira has been a great influence in my life. When I moved to Utah she was my best
friend and mentor. She helped me during the very difficult teen years and kept me grounded. 
 We've had some fun times together, Kira is always up for an adventure and there's never a dull moment with her.  I remember when we just moved to Utah and our area was still rural.  Kira and I would go investigate old houses and fields. We would always get bored on Sundays and end up going on drives in the old LTD. One time we ended up in Idaho where we ate at Dennies and then went home! She is also the funniest person to go on trips with.  My last trip with Kira was visiting her in Cal.  We went to Disneyland where we rented a wheelchair and scammed our way into the front of the line on all the ride.  I love her adventurous spirit and her excitement for life.  

I have always seen Mark as the ultimate Big brother. He was my protector when I was younger from Curtis. He also would sometimes let me join in the games with him and Darby. When I was older he was hilarious to hang out with and I remember bored night with Curtis and Mark where we would goto Albersons and get treats. Sometimes we (curtis, mark and me) would have late night hangouts in the Kitchen, where Mark would make about 10 sandwiches! I've always thought of Mark as a fun, loving spirit and this has been proven when I watch him with his children today.  He is such an involved Dad and no one could doubt he's love for them.  I'm proud of all that he has accomplished and miss living close to him and his family. 

Happy b-day to both of them, the family would never be complete without them.

1 comments:

Kira said...

Man...what a bummer...I found out this year Denny's no longer gives out a free meal when you show them your ID on your birthday. You think they would make an exception on the big 4 0. One measly meal is all I'm asking. Jeez.

One bday, maybe like in 2001, I went to 6 diffent Denny's in SLC getting my free bday meal to go. I can't tell you how exciting it was to have my fridge stock with Denny's sinful food. What a bday.

Yeah Kendyl, I remember that time we drove up to Pocatello on a whim, ate at Denny's, and drove back home. Hey, it was a Sunday and we were bored...who wouldn't do the same?

I must say our latest adventure last year of driving to LA and somehow, without even trying, turning a corner and finding we are literally at the entrance gates of Universal Studios (oops, wrong turn)...well now that was surreal not to mention real fun(get it, surreal, real...anyway...).

Wheelchairs and Disneyland go together like Winny the Pooh (who should be poked in the eye with a churro) and a big pot of honey.

Thanks for the blog-out (kind of like a shout-out) Kendyl. Looking forward to reading more of your wonderful wacky blog.

Kira

PS...GO HILLARY! KICK SOME GOP ARSE!