Saturday, March 8, 2008

Goats and such

Most of you know how much I love goats and will someday have some of my own.  I wanted to post this article (click on the word article) that Carmen sent because I almost died and went to heaven... this is what makes living great, knowing somewhere out there this is going on. 
We are going out to Nederland, CO today to celebrate Frozen Dead Guy Days.  I will give full report about it. 
On another note, another Carmen inspired thing, I started making a list of 100 things to do before you die.  It's harder then you think and also encouraging because I'm currently (or on my way) to doing a lot of the things I have on my list.  Here are just a few: 
Get my Masters Degree: I have an interview with the school on March 18th.. so cross your fingers.
Grow a great Garden:  Now that we are almost in our new home I would like to have a great big garden were I don't have to buy produce in the summer.  I LOVE gardens and this stems from my childhood were I had good parents who taught us the value of gardening and how to tend to a garden.  I'm glad I was raised to love veggies and fruits.
Play my Drums more:  I have been setting time aside during the week to dedicate to playing my drums. 
Become a more conscious consumer: I have been trying to be more of what I'm buying and why: for example trying to buy things that don't have ridiculous packaging (which can be hard), bringing my cloth bags to the store. Also now that we are moving into a new house, if I'm looking for more furniture I want to look at antique stores it's better to recycle furniture and everyone knows I like "retro" stuff, also older furniture is built to last.... not like Targets or pottery barn stuff.

that's all for now!
 

0 comments: