Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas in SLC

Just got back from a week long stay in SLC. I feel relaxed and full!!

Tay and I are happy we were able to spend time with our families and friends. I especially liked the pampering from my mother and mother-in-law. Mom was great making sure I was fed every hour or so. We spent the night watching movies and putting together a puzzle. I enjoyed being snowed in by Utah weather and felt obligated to honor the snow by not going anywhere but by the fireplace.

Shauna gave me the best Christmas present ever... pants that fit! I arrived in SLC with only some sad sweat/yoga pants. Sophia couldn't help but laugh when she came to pick me up one day and I came outside in some green sweatpants and a t-shirt. Needless to say, I am greatful for my mother-in-law who took me out shopping for a few hours to find 3 pairs of pants, 5 shirts, 2 skirts, and 1 pair of shoes. Thank you so much!!!

Tay and I took advantage of our visit and ate at some of our favorite places: Evergreen and Park Cafe'. I was also able to see my 2 new nephews: Dashel and Desmond. What cute babies and even though they are so close in age they couldn't be more different. Dashel is the small thing I have ever seen and sleeps all the time. Desmond is a little chunky monkey and wiggles non-stop!
One special Christmas present I received was feeling the baby for the first time on christmas eve! What a crazy feeling knowing I have a human growing inside of me. The baby likes to move in the morning and has become my new alarm.

I feel like a new woman coming back to Denver: new outfits, new haircut, new belly, and more energy/ less sickness!!! Hurray for the second trimester! Thanks to everyone for such a special Christmas. I'm so glad I decided to take a week vacation to SLC.

1 comments:

Sophia said...

And the best part of all. Seeing me.