Monday, June 15, 2009

Our routine

This is more of an FYI for me so I can remember Elliott's newborn routine.
Anyway, now that Elliott is a little over 2 weeks old this seems to be a typical day for us:

4:00am- Taylor wakes me up for my "shift". So he can get his 8 hours of blissful, uninterupted sleep! I feed Elliott for usually around 30 minutes and then I try to get him to go right back to sleep.
7:00am- Elliott wakes up, then I change his diaper and feed him again. I try to get him to go right back to bed.
9:00am- I wake up to eat before Elliott needs to eat again.
10:00am- Elliott wakes up, I change his diaper and feed him. Sometimes he will sleep, other times he wants to be held and coddled. If he sleeps I try to get a shower in and also clean the house a little.
11:00am- either holding Elliott or if he is really nice, he lets me do my hair and get ready for the day.
12:00pm-Taylor wakes up, takes a shower and looks for jobs. I feed Elliott and change his diaper. I then eat lunch myself.
1:00-3:00pm- We usually go run errands or get out of the house. Then we come home and I feed Elliott and change his diaper.
4:00pm- We try to take the dogs on a walk, but it usually rains on us and we end up rushing home!
5:00pm- Dinner time- try to eat something (although my appetite is usually not good at this time).
6:00pm- Feed Elliott and change his diaper.
7:00pm-Elliott starts his fussy hour. We try to move his legs to help get the gas out, swaddle him and if all else fails we have gas-X and grape water.
8:00pm- Depending on Elliotts fussiness I feed and/or swaddle him.
9:00pm- Feed Elliott and change his diaper. Then get ready for bed.
10:00pm-4:00am-Taylor starts his "shift" and wakes me up every 3 hours to feed Elliott. Usually he will bottle feed Elliott during one of the 3 hours so I don't have to get up.

That's a typical day for our family. I would like to start getting a workout somewhere in the day, but I haven't figure out when yet. I miss having a GYM membership. I will have to plan out a routine that probably incorporates Elliott some how.

0 comments: