Thursday, April 24, 2008

kendyl's faith in humanity is restored

Today at work we took our residence to a Rockies game.  We had 7 people in wheelchairs 2 of which can wheel themselves.  When we arrived there was not wheelchair access, we asked an officer if we could pull up closer to the stadium to get them safely to the ball park, but his response was "No, why do you think those barricades are there?" So we had to park a few blocks away and get them out.  Then the driver had to go pick up the other half.  I sat there with the first arrivals and we enjoyed the sun.  However, after waiting for 20 minutes I realized my residence would soon need water.  A man who was standing by us then came up to our group and asked if he could buy us some water.  His name was Joe. 

Then when everyone arrived and we started wheeling them a few blocks to the stadium we realized more of the people besides 2 were going to need assistance to get there. Jen and I took turns going back and forth getting the residence. Finally a nice lady, Jill offered to help get the residence safely to the stadium AND their seats. 

These random acts of kindness today have restored my faith that people still can be selfless and kind in this world.   So I will try to repay the world back for today.   
Also the game was great... the Rockies ended up winning!

On a side note I also started riding my bike to work. It takes me about 30 min both ways. It has been a relatively easy transition from driving, plus I get my workout for the day at the same time.  Not to mention save money and the environment.  

I also have started getting my garden ready. Tay and I cleared all the rocks from the yard and this weekend I will turn the dirt, add some fertilizer, and map out my garden. We do have a drip system in our yard and I think I will utilize that for my garden. I planted some bulbs (lilies) last weekend and the squirrels are already digging them up. I will have to go buy some hot chill peppers and sprinkle them on the ground and see if that helps. I think my garden should be fine from the squirrels because it is in the backyard and the dogs have a doggie door so they can chase them off.  The dogs LOVE to chase squirrels and will stare up at the trees for hours waiting for them.  Aspen, being the good little herding dog she is, has the patients to wait for them. 

Well, that is all for now.  I'm super tired from the sun, wheeling around people and life in general. Bye!



3 comments:

Sophia said...

I love this post. I can only imagine you at a Rockies game.

Vikingboy said...

Sounds like you had a really good experience! I've never been to a professional baseball game. I'm surprised that YOU didn't set yourself up with a wheelchair and scam a prime seat. By the way I need your address. I'll send an email also.

Vikingboy said...

I read my pathetic blog. I didn't tell you Paula was prego? I suck!