Saturday, June 7, 2008

May Birthdays

Deacon (aka: Biff) right after he was born!
Kendyl and Dad throughout the years!

Sorry I'm late with the birthdays for May. There are two special guys in my life that have birthdays in May: My dad and Biff (Deacon to most).

Some of my fondest memory's with my dad are outdoors. I remember my dad walking with me in the backyard and pointing out all the plants to me. We would sit in the backyard in Idaho and watch the sunset together, then dad would point out where Venus was in the sky. I remember one of my only trips with my father was to Yellowstone (Me, Curtis and Dad). Thats the picture of me and dad outdoors at the picnic table. What a funny trip that was. All the time we drove to Yellowstone we listened to The Lettermans. We ended up not bringing spoons and eating cereal with forks. Curtis and I got our first look at Old Faithful Geyser.
As I get older I realize how similar I am to my father. We both enjoy the outdoors and we are adventurous spirits (thats why we had to marry people that could keep us grounded.) Although we managed to get our spouses to move with us to pursue academic careers. We are dreamers that are never content for long. We have a love for nature, education and art. I'm not sure if these are learned behaviors or inherit traits but I know I got them from my dad. I Love you Dad and know you have many more birthdays to come!

Biff is a year old in May. I feel like I've played such an active role in preparing for his arrival. I helped Sophia paint his nursery and made his baby blanket. Got toy and cloths and throw Sophia a friends baby shower. Every time I see him my heart sings! He is growing up to be such as fun, happy baby. He defiantly has a special place in my heart! I love my little Biff and can't wait to see all the wonderful things he will do with his life.

Happy Birthday Dad and Biff!

1 comments:

Sophia said...

Biff loves Kendyl, and so does Sophia. Guess what, I have peonys in my yard! check out my blog!