Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer is officially here!

This weekend we participated in the summer solstice in the following ways:
Friday: Tay went with Nick to the Rockies game and enjoyed a baseball game at Coors Field. I decided to take a "Kendyl night" relaxed at home with the dogs and cats.
Saturday: Once again we hung out with Randy and Sarah at the pool. Then that night we went to Red Rocks and watched the Robert Plant and Allison Krauss concert. It was a beautiful night and great music. They played 3 Led Zeppelins songs too! It's amazing that 20 minutes away from my house there are mountains with beautiful red rocks.
Sunday: We decided to go with Morgan, Crysta, Randy and Sarah to the Denver Gay Pride Day. It's one of the biggest pride days in the country. It reminded me of SLC pride day, just a lot bigger. Needless to say it was good people watching and it was cool to be able to walk around downtown in the streets. After that we went to Licks (the best ice-cream shop in town) and I got some mixed berry ice-cream.
I also found a very close Farmers Market that I will ride my bike to and check out this summer.
All-in-all it was a great introduction to our summertime fun. I must say I live for the weekends.

0 comments: