Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sustainable Living

Check out this family and their urban sustainable living. Exactly what I hope for my family.

This year in addition to our garden I want to get the compost going at our house. Next year... chickens.
Speaking of chickens, you should check out Omlet USA website.
It gives a comprehensive list of chickens and the kind of eggs they produce. I like the little chicken coops they have, but it's a little pricey for me $900-1,000. I think Tay a
nd I will build one.

I think the following chickens might be good:
I lean towards the Faverolle's since they are child friendly and I know Hoju will want to interact with them.

Another future goal is having a beehive. I get very excited
at the though of having fresh honey and watching the bees work in my yard.
Another blog I enjoy following is
Progressive Pioneer check out her new beehive.


I guess one important thing I need to start doing is baking, canning, and food drying. HA!




2 comments:

Carmen said...

Ooo! Can't wait to check out omelet USA!

Larn said...

it is really easy to build the coop, just make sure there is enough room for each chickens nest. i need to show you some updates pictures of our girls! they are almost all grown up.