Saturday, September 11, 2010

Veggies for Everyone!

I love growing a garden. It reminds me of my childhood in Idaho because my parents always had a huge garden and we would eat from it all summer long. I loved going out and looking for the beans, squash and other veggies growing in our garden. It's something I want Elliott to experience and enjoy the deliciousness of fresh veggies, just can't beat the taste!
This year we grew: beans, peas, zucchini, tomatoes, carrots, beets and cucumbers. This was the first year I actually grew big carrots!! I've been making salads with my carrots, tomatoes and cucumbers and I have to say they are awesome. Elliott loves beets, zucchini, and cucumbers. Taylor likes nothing (except peas and carrots) HA!

Elliott was unsure about what to do with a carrot


Dad teaching Elliott how to clean carrots


Elliott holding one of our "smaller" Zucchinis

Aspen and Elliott play some ball in the backyard

Boots waiting for someone to pet him

Freshly picked Carrots

Anyone need some beets and carrots?


2 comments:

Sophia said...

Good job! wish I had the patience or follow through for a garden. All my talent is put into decorating for Halloween. Elliott looks so big and cute.

Larn said...

oooh i love beets! i keep thinking about zucchini bread and how badly i want some. maybe you should make some for me?